The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following education roles within the Government school system for 2021/22 academic years commencing August 2021
To post holder will teach primary age children by providing a stimulating learning environment that promotes their physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, cultural, creative and moral development and maximizes the achievement of all students.
*Required qualifications, experience & special skills include the following:
- Applicant must have Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject and an Early Years Teaching Qualification from a relevant subject from a recognized institution
- A Master’s degree in Education (or equivalent level education specialism) would be an asset Formal teacher training/qualification as specified in the Department of Education Services policy on Teacher Qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ post qualification, professional experience in a similar post with a demonstrated track record of successful teaching and learning of students with a wide range of abilities and needs from diverse backgrounds
- Prior experience of teaching in a child-centred learning environment with an emphasis on an activity-based approach with differentiation for individual abilities is essential
- **Proven ability to effectively integrate literacy, numeracy and ICT; evidence of ICT skills sufficient to support integration of ICT in the classroom is required.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: January 29th 2021
Cayman Islands Government - Ministry of Education, Youth Sports, Agriculture & Lands