Professional Construction Teacher Reference Number: SCC171841
Salary: £5,734 - £9,591 a pro rata of £22,937—£38,364 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 27th November 2017
Interview Date: Week commencing 4th December 2017
Location: City Skills Centre, Salford College of Further Education
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 0.25FTE
Salford City College require an experienced Professional Construction/ HNC and HND to teach and assess 16-18 and Adults on a variety of courses for vocational learners including: BTEC Built Environment, HNC/HND Civil Engineering, Surveying and Construction. You should have experience of teaching on courses of this nature from level 3 to 5 and have experience and qualifications in Civil Engineering and Building Surveying.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website. For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.