Closing Date: Friday 31st October 2017 at 12.00pm
Shortlisting Date: Wednesday 1st November 2017
Interview Date: Friday 3rd November 2017
Watling View is a Good (Ofsted, 2016) maintained special school for children and young people aged 3-19 with severe and profound learning needs including autism such as complex physical disabilities, high health needs, and sensory impairments and associated communication and learning needs.
We are looking for a class teacher who:
- Has a passion for teaching and learning
- Are outstanding practitioners
- Has energy and drive, who can develop and deliver personalised learning for each child, lead a team of teaching assistants, lead in professional meetings and discussions and contribute to whole school developments.
- Are committed to their own professional development
- Have a positive attitude to their life, their work and their colleagues as well as the children and families they work with.
- Are self-motivated, but collaborative, sharing and open, who look for solutions rather than problems
- Has some experience of working in an SEN setting
We can offer you
- 91 Amazing children and young people
- A supportive and motivated Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team
- Great teaching assistants
- High quality CPD
- A warm, positive environment
- A supportive team
- A school that continuously seeks opportunities to improve.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Model outstanding classroom practice
- Be passionate about ensuring that pupils get the very best education at all times
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivate and support colleagues and work collaboratively with professionals from a range of outside agencies
- Have a range of people management skills and an ability to tackle issues and be accountable and responsible for decisions
- Have some experience of working with pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
Watling View is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, including the barred list, as well as all other pre-appointment checks in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2016).
Please contact the school office for further information and to talk to the Head Teacher. Applications can be made online at www.teachinherts.com. Please do not send CV’s without a completed application pack as they will not be considered. Visits to the school are highly recommended and you can visit our website www.watlingview.herts.sch.uk