Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900101782
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name St Marys Senior High School
Principal Network Cambridge Park
Staffing Area Mount Druitt
FTE 1.000Contact Name Salochna Reddy
Contact Phone number 02 9623 8333
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
St Marys Senior High School (909 enrolments including 65% from a non-English speaking background and nine Aboriginal students) is an academically comprehensive high school, which enrols students in Years 11 and 12 in preparation for the Higher School Certificate. In addition to the full range of facilities found in public secondary schools, St Marys Senior High School has one of the broadest curriculum offerings in the state for Stage 6 students. Non-local students wishing to attend St Marys Senior High School seek enrolment through application based upon their learning commitment and from 2018, the school has a local area enrolment component as well.
St Marys Senior High School has adopted a charter of increasing the range of educational options available to Stage 6 students in Western Sydney and enhancing their educational outcomes. This is achieved through offering a broad range of senior curricula in a respectful, responsible adult learning environment that is focused on the delivery of quality teaching and learning and wellbeing programs for all students. The St Marys Senior High School learning community is inclusive, aspirational and respectful.
Student–teacher relationships are based on mutual respect and courtesy, providing the foundation for a safe, positive and productive learning environment focused on continuous student and school improvement. The student population is diverse in terms of cultural background, educational experience and future aspirations. All members of the St Marys Senior High School community have a positive commitment to learning. The school is currently creating and developing its Reconciliation Action Plan.
During the past five years the school has implemented a variety of initiatives focused on teacher quality and professional learning, integrated use of technology in all aspects of the school community, student engagement and retention, and innovative collaborative practice. These practices continue to form the foundations of the school’s current priorities within the 2021-2024 management cycle. The school culture incorporates an adult learning environment as well as providing programs to support student wellbeing in the HSC years.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach Business Studies and Legal Studies, and a willingness to teach senior Geography.
- Demonstrated capacity to design and implement quality teaching and learning activities which foster a culture of high expectations and accommodate for students with diverse learning needs.
- Capacity to work as an effective faculty team member to collaboratively develop engaging and well-resourced teaching and learning programs.
- Proven ability to engage in data-driven and reflective practices that demonstrate student growth and inform actions to improve student performance.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills that help to build positive relationships with students, staff, families and the school community.
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to highly effective and inclusive faculty activities and whole school programs.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.