1 x Full Time Teacher (Fixed Term – until 31st August 2021)
of which 3 days are covering long term sickness absence
MPS/UPS + SEN Allowance.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic and motivated teacher to join our innovative and exciting school to lead our P16 curriculum including working collaboratively with our Working Futures Lead.
Although this position is currently advertised as fixed term/absence cover Critchill School is a forward thinking growing school and, for the right candidate, there will be the possibility of a permanent position in the future.
Critchill School caters for pupils aged 4 - 19 years with profound, severe and complex learning difficulties.
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner (mainstream teachers welcome)
• Be responsible for planning and delivering dynamic lessons
• Aspire to provide learning opportunities for the full range of our pupil’s needs
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have oversight of a wide range of aspects of sixth formers’ education including pastoral, preparation for adulthood and community based learning.
We can offer:
• Lively and enthusiastic pupils who thrive within a supportive environment
• Our strong, inclusive links with local mainstream schools, colleges and community
• A hardworking and dedicated team
• Committed governors and parents who care about their school
To apply for a position please follow the link from our website www.critchill.somerset.sch.uk under the tab ‘Welcome’ – Vacancies.
It is strongly recommended that interested candidates call to speak to a member of the senior leadership team to discuss this position and arrange a visit to the school.
Applications from NQT’s welcome.
Closing date (and time): 29th January 2021
Interview date: 12th February 2021
Commencement date: As soon as possible or to be negotiated
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Critchill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, Gaps in employment checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Critchill Special School
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 16 years