Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097530
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $124,323.00. Base salary ranges from $70,652.00 to $112,163.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Kelso Public School
Principal Network Bathurst
Staffing Area Bathurst
FTE 1.000Contact Name Melanie Woolmer
Contact Phone number 633 11577
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Kelso Public School has a proud history as being the longest established school in Bathurst. We have a modern, open-planned learning environment where all classrooms are connected to a central picturesque courtyard where the school community can connect as one. Our spacious, well-kept sporting fields and play areas welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds. Our enrolment of 341 students is inclusive of 93 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, 14 Languages other than english and 71 students with additional needs. Our school culture of belonging, opportunity and excellence allows students to engage in a broad range of additional activities including cultural, sporting, academic and creative programs (Sports GALA days, Eisteddfod). We invite community connection through a model of wrap-around support inclusive of playgroup, Kelso Konnex and wellbeing initiatives that foster and nurture engagement. Our skilled, caring team of teachers and ancillary employees are committed to quality teaching and creating positive, engaging learning environments. Our school undertook a deep and thorough analysis of internal and external data to determine our future directions informing our school strategic improvement plan. Our data indicated that we will require explicit teaching in reading and numeracy with a focus on using data consistently and efficiently to support our students achieving at or above state system targets. We require a systematic approach to wellbeing and attendance to ensure that our students are attending every day and developing sustainable and resilient wellbeing strategies in partnership with our community. We have engaged in authentic conversations with our community and local AECG to determine our future directions. As a result, we will focus on student growth and attainment, high expectations, learning culture and connection and belonging. We will allocate human and financial resourcing to ensure that our activities are fully resourced and we will consistently monitor the impact of our planning through regular review with our finance team and school improvement team. We will consistently monitor the impact of our plan through the evaluation team and share the findings and our successes with our community.
Specific Selection Criteria
1. Approval to teach Special Education and/or successful teaching experience within an early learning or special education setting catering for a range of students with varing disabilities including, Physical, Emotional and Intellectual disabilities.
2. Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework, Developmental Milestones and the Disability Strategy with the proven ability to design, inclusive and supportive programs that reflect the principles, practices and outcomes appropriate to the needs of the students.
3. Demonstrated excellence in collaborative partnerships with colleagues, families and outside agencies to implement and evaluate Individual Learning Plans, Annual Reviews, Access Request Forms and to foster inclusive practices and successful transition plans
4. Well-developed time management, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to support students within their early childhood settings and effectively demonstrate visible leadership to build and strengthen every student.
5. Demonstrated capacity to develop a culture of inclusion, high expectations and strong partnerships, valuing the richness and diversity of the school community with an understanding for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's Histories and Culture.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.