Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900097769
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Tallowood School
Principal Network The Ponds
Staffing Area Blacktown
FTE 1.000Contact Name Michelle Rose
Contact Phone number 0298363810
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
'Creating Pathways for Life'
Tallowood School is committed to each student achieving maximum independence and engagement for their post school life in their communication abilities, emotional wellbeing and respect for self and others.
Tallowood School is a Department of Education special school established in 2004 with purpose built facilities to cater for students with disabilities from Kindergarten to Year 12. The current enrolment is 100 students. The school has 14 permanent classrooms and 2 demountable classrooms. All students have a moderate or severe intellectual disability. Many students also have complex support needs including Autism, challenging behaviours, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, and health care needs. All students have a Personalised Learning Plan (PLP) developed in consultation with parents/carers, therapists and other key stakeholders which focuses on the achievement of person-centred goals.
Tallowood School is a Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) School and has a well-established Learning Support Team structure. All staff are committed to Quality Teaching, working collaboratively to develop relevant and meaningful individualised education programs that are delivered in a safe and caring environment. Families are an integral part of our collaboration and we strive to build strong relationships with them as partners in the learning journey.
Our school values of Respect, Professionalism, Inclusion, Wellbeing and Care & Empathy underpin all that we do, driving our community to achieve our school motto of 'creating pathways for life'.
Our school is part of the Blacktown Learning Community, Special Education Principals and Leaders Association (SEPLA), The Ponds Network of Schools and the Kellyville Community of Schools. These partnerships provide support and opportunities to share expertise, extending learning and collaboration beyond our school.
For further information about our school, visit our website: https://tallowood-s.schools.nsw.gov.au/
Specific Selection Criteria
1. Approval to teach special education and/or experience teaching students with moderate and severe intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours including sensory needs.
2. Quality classroom practice and highly developed management skills which enhance student engagement and the development of social skills through differentiated, technology rich programs.
3. Demonstrated excellence in evidence-based classroom teaching practice and the ability to develop, implement and evaluate high quality programs and individual learning to meet the needs of the whole child.
4. Ability to work in partnership with staff, families, students and other key stakeholders to prioritise and deliver learning programs for achievement of student outcomes.
5. Ability to use a range of tools, including data, to inform and evaluate effective teaching practice to improve student outcomes.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.