Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900098575
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Willans Hill School
Principal Network Wagga Wagga
Staffing Area Wagga Wagga
FTE 1.000Contact Name Terri Inglis
Contact Phone number 69251076
Closing Date 14-Apr-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Willans Hill School is a school for specific purposes located in Wagga Wagga with a current enrolment of 59. The school caters for students from K-12 with moderate or severe intellectual disabilities. Some students also have a physical disability, language or sensory impairment and/or neurodevelopmental disorder. We run 9 classes of mixed ability, each class having a maximum of 9 students, with 10% of students identifying as Aboriginal and 20% of students having a language background other than English.
Our purpose at Willans Hill School is to provide a setting that nurtures, guides and fosters successful learners in a safe, respectful learning environment, recognising the capabilities of all students. We have a strong focus on literacy, numeracy and wellbeing and provide individualised and inclusive learning programs to all students. The school values and is committed to collaborative partnerships to improve educational outcomes for students.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach special education and/or experience teaching students with moderate and severe intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and complex behaviours.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement evidence-based and data driven learning programs, with a focus on literacy and numeracy, that are accessible and engaging for all students in a special education setting.
- Demonstrated quality classroom practice and highly developed behaviour management skills which enhance student engagement through enriched, differentiated and individualised learning programs.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively, proactively and professionally with students, colleagues, parents, carers, school learning support officers, support agencies and the wider community.
- Demonstrated ability to build and contribute to positve school culture and school-wide wellbeing practices to support social, emotional and cultural needs of students with additional needs, including students from Aboriginal and diverse backgrounds.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.