We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our close knit school community. This is a fixed term full time position.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
St Flannans Catholic Parish School is a child safe environment; administered by the Brisbane Catholic Education Office on behalf of the Archbishop of Brisbane. As a community of faith within the Archdiocese of Brisbane, St Flannans is committed to an educational ministry that embraces and promotes lifelong faith learning. We look to the person and vision of Jesus to guide our direction. Jesus promoted a world where care, compassion, seeking, justice, freedom, honesty, trust, integrity, respect, responsibility, understanding, tolerance & inclusion prevails. As a Catholic School we respond likewise: we are a multicultural inclusive school not a private school; we are a community of approximately 50 nationalities who celebrate difference and promote friendship and peace; not a collection of individuals; we nurture a personal spirituality and encourage and celebrate a love of learning; we recognise, value and access all available resources for the continued development of the learning environment; we empower children to create change for a better world.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): for 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Jo-Anne Boyle
Contact Telephone Number: 3265 3666
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Catholic Education