Guardian Angels School is located in the suburb of Ashmore, which is part of the Gold Coast region of Brisbane Catholic Education. We are a co-educational school with enrolments of over 750 students. Guardian Angels Primary School is a faith community which values the task of catering for each individual in terms of personal, academic, social and spiritual growth. We are continually improving our teaching spaces, with extensive refurbishment throughout the entire school.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated P-6 teacher specialising in Visual Arts to join our close knit school community.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven organisational skills
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2022
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 3 days per week, weekdays to be confirmed
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Danielle Carter
Contact Telephone Number: 0431137909
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education