CAYMAN PREP & HIGH SCHOOL
Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities.
The Primary School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced candidates to join our high-performing team in late August 2020 for the following position: Teacher - Year 6 (KS2)
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum which meets the learning needs of all students. Along with the teaching responsibilities of this post additional leadership responsibility may also be available for Year 6 Team Leader; the Year Group Leader will be responsible for leading and developing a strong and effective team and for development of the curriculum, planning, learning and teaching and assessment. The successful applicant must have a minimum of two years’ previous leadership experience at Middle or Senior level.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above for this position the duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Teaching the prescribed curriculum to assigned students, according to individual educational needs;
- Preparing long, medium and short-term plans for all subjects taught, in collaboration with parallel class teachers, subject heads and learning support staff;
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners;
- Assessing students’ work promptly, in accordance with school policies;
- Maintaining accurate records of students’ progress and attainment, using assessment data to inform instruction;
- Building and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community;
- Creating and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment;
- Participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills required for this position are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, together with an internationally recognised teaching certificate, such as a PGCE, a Bachelor of Education or H.Dip.Ed;
- A minimum of two to three years’ current experience teaching a British-based curriculum;
- Up to date knowledge and experience of teaching the revised English National Curriculum 2014 is essential;
- Outstanding classroom practitioner, passionate about facilitating student learning skills with creative and innovative ideas;
- Experience and skills in providing differentiated learning opportunities in order to support, meet and challenge the needs of all learners is essential;
- Fully proficient in using Management Information Systems (SIMS) and Microsoft Office products, especially MS Word and Excel;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be organised, ensuring all record keeping is up-to-date;
- Candidates will be expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Prior experience in a multicultural international school environment is an advantage.
Cayman Prep and High School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of our children and young people and expects the same commitment from all our employees. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment and three satisfactory employment checks.
Salary range for this position is: CI$41,000 – CI$56,000 per annum (Tax Free) commensurate with experience based on the School’s point salary scale. Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan and relocation allowance, including airfare.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky. Applcations will only be considered if submitted on the school's applciaton form (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter to:
Robin Davies, Primary School Principal
Cayman Prep and High School
PO Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, January 24th, 2020
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.