Agency: Department of Education
Work unit: Quality Teaching and Learning
Job title: Teaching and Learning Officer Maths
Designation: Senior Teacher 2
Job type: Full Time
Duration: Fixed to 31/12/2022
Position number: 19326 RTF: 204804 Closing: 26/01/2021
Contact: Jan McCarthy on 08 8944 9227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the agency : www.education.nt.gov.au
Apply online : https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=204804
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume-.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
As a member of Quality Teaching and Learning you will lead, coordinate and implement systemic policy and strategy to improve student outcomes. This position uses knowledge, skills and understanding of curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment to provide advice, professional learning, capacity build and develop resources.
Early Years and Education Services provides policy advice and support across the Northern Territory to Government and non-Government schools so that students engage, grow and achieve. Staff in Early Years and Education Services use differentiated approaches providing evidence based strategies to support schools in meeting the needs of students. Advice is provided to the Minister, Department of Education senior executive, regional personnel and school principals on issues of policy, procedure and performance as it relates to community; teaching, learning and assessment; vocational education and training; and cross agency and intergovernmental relations.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Provide differentiated support to schools, building the capability of school staff so that student outcomes improve.
2. Build the capacity of school staff to apply the Australian Curriculum through programs that are flexible and responsive to school contexts.
3. Use data literacy practices to inform targeted school improvement and implement professional learning in order to achieve organisational outcomes.
4. Develop and maintain comprehensive and effective professional networks and collaborative partnerships in order to achieve outcomes.
5. As a member of Quality Teaching and Learning provide accurate and authoritative information to executive and contribute to service delivery through an integrated team approach optimising organisational performance T-9 and departmental policies.
1. Registration or capacity to be registered with the Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory with a demonstrated commitment to own professional learning and holder of a Working with Children Clearance Notice.
2. Demonstrated experience in coordinating and leading initiatives and/or projects in schools contexts, to successful completion with a focus on continuous improvement.
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in order to achieve agreed outcomes.
4. Demonstrate high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills including demonstrated cross-cultural skills, to build and maintain effective networks with a range of stakeholders including those in urban and remote school contexts, to maximise organisational performance.
5. Experience in leading and evaluating professional learning for curriculum, teaching, learning, and assessment.
6. A sound knowledge and understanding of the national strategic policy and practice issues associated with the Australian Curriculum with particular discipline knowledge in mathematics and an understanding of its application at the local level.
1. Experience with building capability of teachers.
Office-based conditions apply to this position.
Approved: January 2021 General Manager Quality Teaching and Learning
Department of Education, Northern Territory Government