New Horizons School
Teaching Assistant 2 & Midday Supervisor
Permanent - Term Time Only
Monday to Friday - 30 hours per week as follows:
TA2 at 25 hours per week
Midday Supervisor responsibilities at 5 hours per week
39 weeks worked per year/46 (TA) & 44.65 (MSA) weeks paid per year
(FTE Grade 1/SSP2 £17,842 to Grade 3/SSP7 £18,562)
Pro-rata salary starting from £13,159 p.a.
The SABDEN Multi Academy Trust provides specialised education to young people with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH). We are three special schools, a secure unit, a large countywide alternative provision, a vocational free school and one of five teaching schools within East Sussex. We strive to discover success through learning, self-belief and achievement. Pupils are empowered to take responsibility through a personalised curriculum supported by secure systems.
New Horizons School, St Leonards-on-Sea, is seeking to appoint an innovative, enthusiastic and effective teaching assistant/practitioner with empathy towards children with SEN.
You are someone who:
• Enjoys being part of a tutor team that supports pupils to learn inside and outside of the classroom.
• Understands the benefits of a bespoke curriculum for vulnerable, hard to reach children.
• Feels they could effectively manage pupils in the classroom and outdoors in a range of contexts.
• Would like to secure a range of coaching qualifications and outdoor skills as part of your personal CPD.
• Is able to reflect on their own practice to improve the outcomes for our pupils.
You will need to be:
• A highly skilled communicator
• Prepared to manage pupils with a range of complex needs
• Can Inspire and Motivate pupils to want to learn new skills
• A person who is calm, consistent and has high expectations
• A person who can follow the School structure, policies and procedures with the highest level of consistency
The working pattern is five days per week, Monday – Friday, from at least 08:30am to 15:30pm, term time only. We are a friendly and supportive team, with additional benefits, such as free daily lunch.
The successful candidate will be joining a school that continues to be ambitious in its drive to improve outcomes for our pupils. You will join a highly dedicated and professional staff team and be part of a supportive working and learning environment where your professional development is highly valued.
We welcome visits to our school (during term time) and if you would like to see us or have an informal telephone discussion prior to submitting an application, please contact Simone Hopkins, Principal, at email@example.com
For an application pack, please visit the vacancy section of the SABDEN Multi Academy Trust website here: http://www.sabden.org.uk/216/vacancies
Closing date for completed applications is by midday, Thursday 23rd September 2021
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
For further information about New Horizons School please visit the school's profile page by clicking here.
The school has a proven commitment to 'Equality of Opportunity' and actively promotes the welfare and safeguarding of young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Debarring Service (DBS).
New Horizons School
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 16 years