We are looking for an inspiring and talented Teaching Assistant to work in the afternoons only. You will be committed to the highest achievement for all and be a resourceful and enthusiastic educationalist. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role. The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent teaching assistant;
- Support the class teacher to ensure children make excellent progress;
- Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
- Want to make a difference to the lives of local children;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be committed to working in partnership with teachers, parents and the community;
- Be a committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
- Be committed to their own professional development.
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Junior Academy Carshalton
Harris Junior Academy Carshalton is a three-form entry school in the London borough of Sutton, educating children between the ages of seven and 11. The academy has a simple, fundamental philosophy: that the school should be a calm and caring learning community in which everyone feels safe, happy and valued.
Why work at Harris Junior Academy Carshalton?
- Children who bring a wonderful amount of energy and enthusiasm to the school, and who are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn
- A team of expert teaching and support staff who believe all children can achieve to a high standard
- A strong relationship with parents, carers and the local community
- A community school ethos with all the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
Deadline: Midday, Wednesday 27th June
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 0208 647 7324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.