Full time, Fixed Term
£5.05 per hour aged 16-18, £5.05 per hour aged 19 or over within the first year of apprenticeship, national minimum wage (NMW) for all other apprentices
Inspire their remarkable with us
Charles Warren Academy opened on 1st September 2012 and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). Our school is situated in the beautiful area of Simpson, surrounded by trees and bordering the canal. We cater for children aged 4-11 years old and we have high expectations for all with an inclusive outlook.
We aspire for Charles Warren Academy to be an inspirational and exciting place to learn where children can achieve their very best. Our children are enthusiastic, hardworking and want to succeed. Standards continue to rise and the staff work tirelessly to achieve our shared vision and aims.
As a Teaching Assistant Apprentice you will be supporting students with learning difficulties/disabilities in mainstream classes and small groups in order that students with SEN achieve their full potential in school.
You will complete a Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in the Classroom. You may also be required to complete Literacy, Numeracy and IT Functional Skills (this will be determined by existing qualifications).
Your Trainer/Assessor will assess you in the workplace every 4 weeks. In between these meetings you will have dedicated time away from your job to work on the apprenticeship and collate evidence for your apprenticeship e-portfolio with ongoing support from your Manager and Trainer/Assessor.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in a real job, with real variety, from day one whilst working towards a qualification.
- The successful candidate will have excellent people and communication skills and will be flexible to adapt to changing situations.
- To be eligible for the Apprenticeship, applicants must have resided in the UK or EEA for 3 years prior to the start of the Apprenticeship and must not hold a level 4 (or equivalent) qualification or above. Please note: applicants must not be a graduate or have already completed a Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship (depending on the level you are applying for).
- This will be a fixed term position and the duration of the apprenticeship will be determined by the job role and current skills. The minimum length of the apprenticeship will be one year and one week.
- Please note: AET has their own in-house apprenticeship scheme and do not work with any other training providers to deliver Apprenticeships.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 16 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today and click the 'Quick Apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.