Role: Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Salary: £5 per hour
Working pattern: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Location: The Manor Academy, Mansfield Woodhouse
Start date: September 2021
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the previous inspection.
This role involves providing support in our Alternative Provision Centre, supporting students with their learning, pastoral support and associated activities. This apprenticeship will take approximately 18 months to complete.
The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be a helpful and proactive person. This role would suit someone wanting to become a Teaching Assistant or go into a Youth Work or behaviour related role.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 20 May 2021 at midday
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
The Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years