Through our programme, you will work as an apprentice Teaching Assistant in a school. You will support teachers and students in the classroom in lessons and become an integral part of the school support workforce.
Working as an apprentice Teaching Assistant you'll provide support to teachers in preparing for lessons and helping create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all pupils. During lessons, you'll work together with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour. Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems. You will support all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and ICT within the classroom. You'll also accompany teaching staff and pupils on trips and other out-of-school activities.
Training: Level 2 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Employee rights and responsibilities, Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Term: 60 weeks
Contract Type: Intermediate level apprenticeship
Salary: £102.00 per week
You'll also act as a role model for pupils and be a positive influence on their behaviour and performance at school. So it's important that you demonstrate maturity and excellence in all you do.
At the end of your apprenticeship you'll of achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time Teaching Assistant position. A newly qualified Teaching Assistant can earn between £14,000 and £21,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities; -
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Prepare the classroom for lessons, and clear away afterwards.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting any difficulties.
- Support pupils to understand lesson instructions.
- Support pupils in respect of school curriculum, e.g. Literacy, Numeracy, and Early Years, as directed by the teacher.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and other out-of-school activities.
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil's parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
We are a lively and vibrant school with set on an amazing site in Stowmarket, with it's excellent train links to London. We are seeking a calm, confident and dedicated apprentice who is passionate about working with children. We are seeking to develop staff and provide them excellent opportunities to ready them for the next step of their career.
Application Contact: Kate Wardle, Email Kate.email@example.com
Closing Date: 22.03.2017
Job Start: 19.04.2017
Chilton Community Primary School
Violet Hill Road