Teaching Assistant: Key Stage 2
Pay: £300 - £350 per week
Contract Dates: September 2021 – December 2021
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Level 2 or 3 qualification in Childcare.
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in a Primary school in the Bedlington area. This is a full-time Teaching Assistant role, which will commence in September 2021 on a long-term basis. Working hours will be 8:30 – 15:30, Monday to Friday.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative Key Stage 2 team, the successful Teaching Assistant will be required to work mainly on a 1:1 basis with a child in Year 4 with ASC and ADHD each day. You will work alongside another classroom Teaching Assistant and will split time evenly between working 1:1 and providing general classroom support.
This smaller than average sized Primary school is looking for a committed and successful Teaching Assistant to join their team. This school has exceptional leadership and a supportive group of staff. Children are hard-working and respectful and show a great enthusiasm for learning.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in Key Stage 2.
• Experience of working with children with SEND, particularly ASC and ADHD would be advantageous.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team.
• Have experience supporting children on a 1:1 basis.
• Have a patient and caring nature.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency