CORE Education Trust is inspired and guided by its four CORE values of Collaboration; Opportunity; Respect and Excellence. The Trust is led by some of Birmingham's leading education and business leaders. The Trust works with high profile partners, Birmingham City Football Club, the Tennis Foundation and The Birmingham Rep. Theatre.
Jewellery Quarter Academy (JQA) opened in 2014. It puts the education and learning experience of students at the heart of everything. As a result, it is a successful, growing, over-subscribed inner city school. For further information about the academy, please visit the website.
We are looking to appoint two Teaching Assistants.
This position requires:
· The ability to support the learning of students with Special Education Needs.
· A passion for improving the life chances of young people with barriers to learning and/ or disadvantage.
· Someone able to build good working relationships with teachers, other support staff, students and their families.
· An interest in a range of curriculum areas and a willingness to develop their knowledge further.
· A team player who wants to contribute to broader life at JQA.
· Personal ambition and the desire to develop as a professional.
· An excellent role model for our students.
For an informal discussion and / or tour, please contact Julian Wigley at the Academy (0121 729 7220)
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
CORE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
School Visits: By appointment
Interview: Within 5 days of the closing date