Engineering and science excellence for 14-19 year olds in Birmingham
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant from September 2018 or earlier if available to join our dynamic and over-subscribed academy (University Technical College), based in state of the art teaching facilities.
As the first major university sponsored University Technical College in the country, Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA) and Aston University Sixth Form combines the very best education for academic and technical skills focused on industry needs. Our outstanding work was recently highlighted as example of best practice in Ofsted’s “Getting ready for work” report.
Since opening in September 2012, AUEA has grown steadily under stable and strong leadership into a vibrant learning community, most recently winning Student of the Year and commended by the final judges for School of the year in the recent 2016 National BTEC Awards.
Aston University Engineering Academy (Years 10 and 11) and Aston University Sixth Form (Years 12, 13 and 14) are both housed in our £16.2 million state of the art building located in the heart of the city of Birmingham, next to the Aston University and Innovation Birmingham campuses, and situated next door to the new National College High Speed Rail (a direct progression option for our students). For information about University Technical Colleges please go to http://www.utcolleges.org/about/overview/
There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join our staff. You will become a part of a closeknit SEN and support school team, built on the ethos of collaboration and development. AUEA has been awarded the prestigious Teacher Development Trust’s Silver mark for outstanding quality and culture of professional Development.
Every Monday afternoon students finish earlier allowing dedicated Staff CPL as well as external courses and training. We are proud to have a proven record of accelerating careers, with many of our staff securing; leadership, middle leader and wider responsibilities earlier than the majority of schools. Consequently AUEA provides an outstanding platform from which to progress your career.
You will have the responsibility to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering individualised programmes of study for students who require extra support.
As a member of AUEA we will offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities including potential options for higher study through our sponsor Aston University.
- Specialist Subject training from leading industry partners.
- Health Care Package
- Staff Benefits through the Aston University Staff benefits scheme including
- Term time family day and TOIL options
- Access to Aston University’s Gym and Leisure facilities for heavily reduced staff rate (from just £12 per month)
- Access to Aston University’s award winning nursery scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free Audiology, eye tests and health clinics via Aston University
- Hospitality discounts and hotel accommodation
- Sports coaching, Outdoor education qualifications, and Military training as part of CCF.
- Opportunities for international travel as part of our Austrian technical school (HTL) European partnership
· A close knit, friendly and supportive working environment
· Excellent ICT and learning resources
If this sounds like you, please complete the TES Support staff online application or alternatively contact email@example.com for an application pack.
To find out more please visit: http://tinyurl.com/zud745q and www.auea.co.uk
Application Deadline: 18th May 2018
Interview Date: week commencing 21st May 2018
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.