Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our successful Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) supply teaching team and to work in a school in Bourne, Lincolnshire. This position is to start from September 2018 and may continue on a permanent basis if you are the right person for the school.
As a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant, your role will involve working with children across the Primary, Secondary and Post 16 phrase (depending on the needs of the pupils). The role will involve guiding individual or small groups of children with SEN and assisting them through the academic, personal and behavioural elements of school life. The tasks and duties of a Learning Support Assistant will vary from time to time, but will typically involve the following:
· Liaise with the SENCO/Inclusion Manager to ensure effective SEND provision is provided at all times
· Provide targeted support either inside or outside of the classroom
· Work alongside the teacher to monitor progress
· Support children to complete activities and differentiate such activities to different children (depending on their needs, skills and abilities)
· Develop children and young people’s social, emotional, behavioural and physical skills and development
· Assist and provide 1:1 support to individual children in the classroom
· Accompany pupils to relevant therapy sessions if required
Ideally, the successful Teaching Assistant will need to have a Level 2 and/or 3 qualification in Childcare or equivalent, and have experience working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). However, applications are also encouraged if you have a Support Worker and/or Career background, and have experience supporting individuals with Learning Difficulties and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
To be considered for the position as a Teaching Assistant, you must:
· Have experience of supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Autism (ASD/ASC), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties and Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties
· Have a passion for supporting children and young people with complex needs
· Have the ability to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant environment
· Be able to build a positive and strong rapport with children and young people
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to help support the planning and delivery of inspiring lessons and intervention classes
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Teaching Assistant. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Teaching Assistant position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk