Carrwood Primary School is a two form Primary School and is a highly inclusive and welcoming school at the heart of its community. We have vacancies for two Teaching Assistants. The post will involve working alongside the class teacher, planning delivering and assessing small groups of pupils. One post will be based in KS1 and the second based in KS2.
2 x Teaching Assistants 29.75 hours per week, Permanent, TTO. Band 5 SCP 13 to 17, January 2017 or as soon as possible.
The successful applicant will:
- be qualified to GCSE level in English and Maths or have equivalent qualifications.
- be creative and have the ability to engage and stimulate children, in the classroom and during play.
- be committed to raising standards.
- have high expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour.
- be flexible and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- have an understanding of safeguarding and follow the school's safeguarding policy.
We can offer:
- support from the school's Leadership team.
- children who are lively, polite and enthusiastic about their learning.
- a dedicated, friendly staff team.
- a commitment to your professional development.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post; a job description can be down loaded. Please ensure you read the application details and check that you meet the criteria before completing an application form.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged please contact Mrs Watson, Office Manager on 01274 664864.
Closing date: 12 noon Wednesday 7th December 2016
Interviews: Monday 12th December 2016
In line with the immigration Act 2016; the Government has created a duty to ensure that all Public Authority staff working in customer facing roles can speak fluent English to an appropriate standard – for this role the post holder is required to meet the following Intermediate Threshold Level: · Be able to express themselves fluently and spontaneously with minimal effort.
Carrwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.