Teaching Assistant Tong Leadership Academy
Salary: £11,492 - £12,171 per annum
1 x Permanent position
1 x Maternity Cover temporary for up to 12 months
29.5 hours per week, Term time plus 1 week
Tong Leadership Academy is part of the non-faith division of Tauheedul Education Trust, one the UK’s leading education providers. Through our mission of educational excellence, character development and service to communities, we aim to fulfil our vision of nurturing today’s young people and inspiring tomorrow’s leaders.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to start September 2017. The successful candidate will supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities. The ideal candidate will undertake work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for students and to assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom. Working hours would be Mon – Thurs 8am - 2.25pm and Friday 8am - 2.20pm, with additional CPD running until 3.30pm on consecutive Wednesdays.
• NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent or educated to a degree level
• An understanding of the issues relating to students who have additional learning needs, more able and special educational needs including SEMH.
• Understanding of child development and learning
• be an outstanding and highly committed professional who is passionate about supporting learning and young people
• be prepared to work flexibly to support learning and enrichment activities beyond the school day
• be committed to the Tauheedul ethos of high expectations
You will find a school that:
• is passionate about its vision of ‘nurturing today’s learners, Inspiring tomorrow’s leaders’ and totally committed to our ambition of enabling all our learners to make outstanding progress,
• has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community,
• has high ambitions for all and provides excellent professional development,
• is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from learners, staff and parents,
• an excellent CPD programme
For an application pack visit our website or contact reception on 01274 681455.
Closing date: 2.15pm on Tuesday 27 June 2017
Interviews: Wednesday 5 July 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.