We require for November 2019
The ideal candidate should:
• be an excellent, engaging and reflective teaching assistant
• be able to manage, plan for, teach and assess individual children effectively in line with their EHCP
• have experience of working with SEN children (particularly those with autism and complex needs)
• liaise with the SENCO, speech & language and occupational therapists, other agencies and use advice provided
• motivate, enthuse, engage and inspire our pupils through an engaging autism specific curriculum
• develop strategies that enhances the well-being of children with autism
• possess good English and Maths skills
• be able to communicate effectively with parents, pupils and colleagues
• establish and maintain a positive and effective learning environment
• be flexible, adaptable and able to use own initiative
• possess excellent communication and computing skills
• be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills and a strong commitment to the school’s values and mission statement
• be a dedicated, caring professional who wants to be part of a happy and successful team
• be able to remain calm and make correct choices in a challenging situation
• have a good disposition and character with a growth mind-set
• have excellent behaviour management skills
We will offer you:
• A positive and caring ethos and working environment.
• A school where staff are highly valued, wellbeing and a healthy work-life balance is a priority.
• Enthusiastic, motivated, well-behaved children and very supportive parents.
• A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team.
• Excellent support from the Headteacher, senior leadership team and governing body.
• High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities.
• Opportunities and potential for future leadership roles.
Sudbury Primary School is a four-form entry primary school serving a diverse community. The children enjoy a rich, creative curriculum in a harmonious and purposeful atmosphere.
On 1st November 2017 Sudbury Primary School became part of a Multi-Academy Trust with Claremont High School.
All successful applicants will be initially appointed for six months.
The post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Sudbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office, who will be happy to arrange a mutually convenient time for a visit. Further information and application forms are available from the school office and on the school website.