Teaching Assistant – Part-time AND Full-time roles available!
£70 - £80 per day PAYE
November 2021 – ASAP start
Temp to Perm
3 OR 5 days a week – 8:30 – 3:30.
About the school
• Borough of Brent
• Secondary School catering to students with Severe and PMLD including Autism
• There are up to 5 Learning Support Assistants and 1 teacher in each class of 8.
• The school has a full-time Nurse and Nurse Assistant, as well as access to an integrated service offered through Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Music Therapy, Hydrotherapy etc.
• The school also offer integrated lessons with a nearby mainstream school and promote physical independence for their students.
About the role
• Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant
• Daily cover teaching and support assistants
• PMLD unit – supporting the class teacher in classroom activities
• 8 pupils with complex needs supported by a class teacher
Requirements for Teaching Assistant role:
• Previous experience working in Special Needs Schools, children, or vulnerable adults
• Experience working with PMLD, MLD, and Autism is very desirable – if you don’t have specific experience, you must be willing to work with students who have the above needs.
• All applicants must be willing to assist with personal care
• Desirable - ability to use communication aids such as PECS and Makaton, Moving and Handling, Manual Handling, Peg feeding and Medical Administration training are highly desirable
• Enhanced DBS on Update System or willing to get one
• Right to Work in the United Kingdom
• Be able to provide 2 references
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers, a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency, is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations)
• FREE training to help with your professional development
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• A dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply to Teaching Assistant role
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference BXB SENTA114389
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.