We are looking for a hard-working, reliable teaching assistant to support the delivery of a high quality, accessible curriculum across our school.
The successful candidate will assist with the implementation of a high quality learning provision at all times, working in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals to ensure all students reach their full potential. As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Orpington, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- An engaging person who is able to interest, encourage and motivate young people
- A team worker, who is able to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- A tactful and diplomatic person with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of SEND and learning barriers, and of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Experience of working directly with young people in an education or training environment, ideally working in a similar role in a school
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Orpington
Harris Academy Orpington opened in September 2016, joining the highly successful Federation of Harris academies in London. We are on our journey to outstanding, we are ambitious and looking forward to an exciting future. We believe that every student can and should achieve their full potential and our commitment is one of ensuring our students develop a love of learning, a passion for enquiry and a dedication to being the best that they can be.We aim to ensure that every student is inspired and supported to achieve his/her personal best and learning comes first. Our motto is “Together We Can” and if you are interested in joining us, we would be very pleased to meet you.
Why work at Harris Academy Orpington?
- An opportunity to join an ambitious new academy at the heart of the local community
- Harris Academy Orpington combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching
- Generous Harris Benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Orpington are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call Barbara Fathers at Harris Academy Orpington on 01689 819219 to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.