Harris Aspire Academy is the hub for an alternative education provision, providing a personalised learning programme for its students, delivered by highly trained staff who inspire, motivate and re-engage them. Aspire gives students a second chance to achieve to their full potential. All students who are referred to Harris Aspire require that extra ‘something’ to support and arm them with strategies to improve the outcome of their lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring Teaching Assistant who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of the young people we teach.
As a Teaching Assistant, your responsibilities will include helping identify students for intervention, highlighting learning needs and monitoring them to evaluate and assess progress and participation and provide teachers with feedback. You will support students to engage with learning objectives and give them every opportunity to meet examination targets by planning their role in lessons, preparing resources, delivering programmes of study with small groups and running homework clubs.
What we are looking for:
- A well qualified individual, ideally with a minimum of 3 years experience or Level 2 NVQ
- A role model for our students, with the ability to inspire, motivate and re-engage them to achieve their potential
- Full commitment to our ethos, building Resilience, Reflectiveness, Resourcefulness and Reciprocity in all of our students
Why work at Harris Aspire Academy?
- An outstanding opportunity to actively help young people overcome barriers that may have prevented them from engaging fully in mainstream education
- A superb, brand new working environment - our new building will open at the former South Norwood Police Station in Oliver Grove in the next two years
- Exceptional professional development and promotion opportunities
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
As part of the Harris Federation of Schools you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation. If you are committed to the learning and well-being of London’s teenagers we welcome your application.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.