From September 2018 The Halifax Academy requires two inspirational and dynamic Teaching Assistants to join our Primary Phase. The successful candidates will have knowledge of the KS1/KS2 along with experience of supporting children in their learning, in particular in communication, English, phonics and Maths.
The successful candidates will be able to:
• Work as part of a team but use their own initiative
• Motivate and inspire our pupils
• Use creativity and passion in their work
• Form effective relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies
• Be a positive role model for our children
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• improving learning and teaching
• raising achievement
• tracking pupils individual performance and implementing intervention strategies
• supporting pupils with medical needs
In return we can offer:
• working as part of a creative and supportive team, who are determined and driven on our mission to achieve the very best for our pupils.
• joining our ‘coaching culture’ which is a key focus for CPD in the Academy. Every member of our teaching and support staff are involved in our ‘Coaching for Excellence’ programme to focus on improving teaching and learning in all subjects.
• the opportunity to gain cross phase experience.
• access to a teaching school alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and creates professional development opportunities.
• enthusiastic students who are keen to make outstanding progress
• effective supportive and dynamic leadership
30 hours per week Term Time
For further information about this vacancy please visit our website http://www.thehalifaxacademy.org/about-us/vacancies/
To apply please complete the academy’s application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st May at 9am.
Late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.