Kings Hedges Educational Federation
Tel: 01223 518330 Fax: 01223 506014
Head Teacher: Miss S Merritt
Excellence Achieved Through Care, Creativity and Challenge
We require a Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible
Pay Scale will be NJC point 2, £9.18 per hour
Hours are 32.5 per week
8:30 – 3:30 Monday – Friday
We wish to appoint a dedicated, hard-working and motivated teaching assistant. The contract will be term time only and fixed for 1 year initially.
You will be a valuable member of the team working with the class teacher to support the children. The successful applicant will need enthusiasm, patience, caring and understanding. Experience and flexibility is required to work in all areas of the school. You will also be part of the lunchtime team for ½ hour a day.
Please contact the school office by telephone or email, firstname.lastname@example.org
for an application form. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Application forms are also on the website - www.kingshedgesprimary.org.uk
Kings Hedges Education Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in our care.
All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Before you proceed with your intention to apply for a position or to support us please take full consideration of the following points.
• All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. You are required to disclose all previous criminal convictions and cautions on your application. Please contact the Head teacher to discuss further if you wish.
• You will be provided with an induction process and you are expected to engage with this monitored process.
• We will assess your knowledge of safeguarding by asking specific questions about this area of our role during the interview process and your answer to this question will form part of our decision-making process.
• Our safeguarding policies and procedures will be explained during your induction and on a regular basis;
• Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
• Kings Hedges complies with all guidance on Childcare Disqualification and we will seek further advice from appropriate bodies when necessary.
• Application forms must be completed in full. Please pay particular attention to your work history and inform us of any gaps in employment.
• Please ensure you state full details of your qualifications
• References may be taken up prior to interviews and any discrepancies will be addressed during the interview process.
Closing date – Wednesday 22nd January 2020 9:00am
Interview date – Thursday 30th January 2020