Full time (32.5 hours per week)
39 weeks per year (38 weeks term time plus 5 training days)
Permanent & Temporary / Fixed Term contract
Cambridgeshire TA pay scales (Level 1A to Level 3, depending on experience)
We are looking for passionate, considerate and hardworking Teaching Assistants to join us at Martin Bacon Academy.
Martin Bacon Academy opened to pupils in June 2020. It is a new, state of the art, Area Special School, in the heart of the Northstowe Learning Community. We cater for children and young people aged 3 to 19 who have a range of complex and significant learning needs in the area of cognition and learning (with other co-occurring conditions). This covers a wide range of needs including learners with autistic spectrum condition and those with complex physical and sensory impairments.
It is an exciting time to join our team as we embark on the journey to provide world class education to the developing community of Northstowe and the wider community of Cambridgeshire. You will be part of a new, but experienced team that is creating an inclusive, innovative and aspirational learning environment for the young people and families it serves.
We are currently seeking to appoint Teaching Assistants (from Level 1 to 3). Please see the job descriptions below for each of the levels. When applying please state which level you feel you are working at / wish to apply for.
Previous experience working within a special school environment would be advantageous.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a creative and innovative teaching assistant who is committed to meeting the needs of pupils.
• Have the knowledge and experience of working as a teaching assistant within a school alongside SEN pupils.
• The ability to understand the needs of their pupils and deliver exceptional support to ensure all pupils meet their full potential whilst at the Martin Bacon Academy.
• Have knowledge of working with a range of special educational needs
• Be open to collaboration between all schools on the Northstowe Education Campus and within the wider community
Further details of the responsibilities of the job role can be found in the application pack.
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon Friday 24th September 2021.
We are unable to accept applications after this time. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
We reserve the right to close this early should we receive sufficient applications and will invite to interview at an earlier date.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 27th September 2021.
CMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Martin Bacon Academy
- Special needs with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 19 years