Hillcrest Jubilee School is an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ rated education provision that provides support to c31 pupils aged 8-16 year with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. The School has an excellent reputation for providing highly effective education, therapy, welfare and support to all children and young people that they teach. The curriculum at our education provision provides a structured and supportive environment and is planned to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of the pupils at each stage of their schooling. We are within a commutable distance of Havant, Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Chichester and Petersfield and other surrounding towns and villages.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Teaching Assistant for Jubilee School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves assisting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to aiding teaching and being prepared to go above and beyond.
We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant for pupils with Special Educational Needs.
The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time, permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only).
Applicants should be committed to raising the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils and be committed to their own professional development.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing 1:1 support to identified children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to Level 2 as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) and have relevant experience working with children within an SEN setting
- Maths and English GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Effective communication skills
- Behaviour management
- Full UK driving licence required
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.