Hillcrest Park School is a DfE registered independent school that offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 7 – 18 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. Park School provides a structured and supportive environment in order to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of all our pupils at each stage of their schooling. Based near Chipping Norton the school is within a commutable distance of Chipping Camden, Bourton-on-the-water, Charlbury, Oxford, Banbury, Bicester and other surrounding towns and villages.
Job Summary and Duties
As the Teaching Assistant for Park School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of set-backs in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond. Previous experience of working with pupils with SEN is desirable but not essential for the right person.
The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time/ permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or an interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs. Applicants should be committed to raising the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils and be committed to their own professional development.
Following a through induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to Level 2 as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) or have relevant experience/interest in working with children within an SEN setting
- Maths and English GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Ideally have an interest in sport or carpentry
- Effective communication skills
- Behaviour management
- Full UK driving licence required
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Hillcrest Park School forms part of the Outcomes First Group who employs approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provides a range of education and residential services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. In line with Safeguarding children and safer recruitment in education policy, references are taken up prior to interview.