Teaching Assistant Co-ordinator
Job type- Full time permanent
Hours- 37 hours per week term time only
At Totton College, we educate, nurture and transform lives, would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives?
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of an inspirational Lead Teaching Assistant, who can line manage the college’s teaching assistants / learning support assistants.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· To complete appraisals, annual reviews and agree targets for quality improvement
· Consulting regularly with every teaching assistant in a one to one setting
· Provide support to students with complex learning difficulties, both in and out of classroom situations.
· Update support timetables on a daily basis or as and when required.
· To monitor sickness and collate sickness records for teaching assistants and forward return to work forms to HR
· Liaising with subject teachers to identify areas of need and assist in the development of learning strategies to address these
· To supervise students with learning difficulties and disabilities who participate in physical activities either within the college or outside the Recreation Centre
· To drive the college Minibus as and when required
If you enjoy a challenge and seek the rewards found in transforming the lives of disadvantaged young people and adults then we want to hear from you.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
For details of Totton Colleges excellent benefits please click here
Please apply online