SEND Teaching Assistant
£8.91 - £11.66 per hour
ABC Teachers are currently recruiting on behalf of a SEND school based in Coundon, Coventry, for an SEND Teaching Assistant. This role involves working with children with special educational needs, with on a full time, long term basis.
About the role:
• This opportunity is a full time long term position, for a SEND Teaching Assistant.
• Working in a special educational need’s school with students with a variety of needs such as autism, moderate to severe learning difficulties, PMLD, physical disabilities, and sensory processing difficulties.
• Work with supportive teams and develop your skills and experience supporting young people.
• This well-established academy is a special educational needs school for pupils aged 4-11 with significant learning disabilities. More than half of the students have autistic spectrum conditions (ASC) while others have additional needs, including sensory processing difficulties.
• The school has over four acres of beautiful grounds, including allotments, forest school a climbing trail and outdoor exercise equipment.
• We must be able to reference work you have done in the past 2 years, which needs to include either working with children or with vulnerable adults in a care/support role.
• Be passionate about working with young people and supporting their learning.
• Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students.
• Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01543 228029.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.