SEND TEACHING ASSISTANT
1 x mainstream approx. 29 - 30 hours per week Mon - Fri
Salary: 18,073.00 – 18,716.00 (pro-rata S11 to S13 (paid term time only plus holiday i.e. for 44 weeks of the year)
Key requirements for this post:
• NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience.
• Good maths, literacy and ICT skills.
• Good understanding of how to support the learning of SEN pupils.
• Good understanding of how to support the emotional and social needs of SEN pupils.
• Understanding of relevant policies/code of practice.
The successful candidate will:
• be enthusiastic, caring and well-motivated,
• demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative,
• be patient and able to stay calm,
• be suitably qualified for the post of teaching assistant i.e. have good basic mathematical skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a variety of settings,
• be able to work as part of a team, and
• have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Please note that the nature of supporting children with Special Educational Needs means that if they do not need the support at some time in the future or if they leave the school, the post ceases to exist.
Courtwood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. This post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
Closing date: 12noon on 14th November 2018.
Interview date: 20th November 2018
Tenable: December 2018.