Seva Education is looking for an aspiring Teaching Assistant who can work along with SEMH needs pupils to promote their self esteem, social inclusion and independence.We have scope for our staff to grow with us. At Seva we work together and expect our staff to be friendly, happy and willing to help where the need is across our different sites.
We will hold interviews as soon as we receive applications which meet our shortlisting criteria, this may be before the stated closing date.
In our Teaching Assistants we look for:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with pupils in school-particularly with those who have SEMH or SEN requirements.
- Effective planning of learning activities.
- Participate in risk assessments for individual pupils, groups.
- Demonstrate an informed and efficient approach to teaching and learning.
- Use effective behaviour management strategies.
- To cover and lead class teaching (under supervision) as and when appropriate.
- To know and apply school policies on Child Protection, Health and Safety, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning.
- Use allocated time to devise clearly structured activities.
- To communicate effectively.
Seva Independent School
Ealing & Harrow
- Special needs with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 16 years