Teaching Assistant (English specialist) Ref: TAES
CONTRACT: From 01st September 2018 - Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2019 WORKING PATTERN: 35 Hours per week (8:00am – 3:30 pm) term time only
SALARY: TA Level 2 Grade 3 Points 12-16 (£17,173 - £18,319) pro-rata
Are you an experienced and capable Teaching Assistant looking to develop your career further?
Do you have a genuine passion for English and want to use your skills and experience to inspire, challenge and motivate our students to reach their full potential? Can you make a key contribution to improving attainment within the English Faculty?
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals, who would love to be part of our journey at The Barlow and could be instrumental in making a difference to our student’s education.
The Barlow RC High School is an excellent place to work! As a leading Catholic High School, we are determined to create an environment where children and adults alike can achieve their full potential. Our school motto is ‘If you believe, you can achieve’ and if this describes you read on. You will be located in Didsbury, (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village. You will also have access to excellent transport links to Manchester city centre and surrounding areas.
You will join a friendly and supportive English faculty who are committed to sustaining and improving results and are continually striving to improve the provision for English at all key stages. You will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision within the English Faculty. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups or for whole classes and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ achievement, progress and development.
You will work across the age and ability range with students in order to improve their attainment. In addition, you must be willing to undertake emergency first aid training.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in secondary schools
• Have excellent subject knowledge in English
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have an adaptable and flexible approach
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative
• Be able to establish good working relationships with students, staff and parents In return, we will offer you 25 days annual leave entitlement (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service), access to the local government pension scheme and the opportunity to further your professional development in a supportive and friendly environment If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us.
Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title, reference and your name in the subject line of the email.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 04th June 2018 Interview date: Friday 08th June 2018
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment.
An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants. .