Hours x 25 hours per week [flexible working timetable] One year temporary contract
We are looking to fill our position for teaching assistant for sports starting around October 2017.
At Nelmes Primary School we are committed to supporting and encouraging children across the whole curriculum and we passionately believe sport can give children the drive, determination and resilience they need to succeed.
We are ideally looking for a teaching assistant who is a degree graduate in Sports Science or similar sport qualification, or who has a coaching level 1/2 in a sport such as athletics.
The successful candidate will be expected to support in PE lessons and also be expected to teach sports workshops and clubs on their own both before and after school, and during lunchtimes. The timetable is flexible and can be tailored to meet the school’s and candidate’s needs.
This Position Requires;
- Excellent Subject Knowledge with Sports
- A passion for sport and what it can bring to children
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and the ability to build relationships quickly
- To be patient and empathetic
- Reliability / Commitment to the school and children
- The ability to enthuse and engage
- To work alongside the subject leader and to work independently and show own initiative
- Most importantly – To give children a desire and enjoyment to take part in sport
This position may suit a candidate interested in teaching, as a future career, as it offers great experience in a school environment before committing to the role.
We can also offer training with the outgoing post holder.
Nelmes is an Outstanding school and can offer you:
- a caring, warm and friendly school with happy, well behaved and motivated children;
- excellent professional development opportunities both in school and externally;
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards.
- Wonderful children with a renewed passion and enjoyment of sport
To apply online please visit www.haveringschools.jobs
Visits to the school would be warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: Thursday 28th September 2017
Interviews to be held in week beginning Monday 2nd October
Nelmes Primary School
Essex RM11 3BX
Head Teacher: Kirsten Cooper
Telephone: 01708 447676