Teaching Assistant – Full Time
£70 – 85 per day PAYE
• Borough of Wandsworth
• Primary - KS1 & KS2 ASD school
• Positive and nurturing environment for children on the Autistic Spectrum.
• Individually devised programme based
• Class group of maximum 6 pupils and 6 ABA tutors with a teacher/ABA supervisor as a lead.
Teaching Assistant role would include:
• Supporting pupils throughout the school day
• Assisting the pupil with the work set out by the teacher
• Behaviour/learning support teaching assistant
• Holding 1:1 or small group sessions
• Aiding with the set up and set down of the classroom
• Maintaining high levels of health and safety with the pupils
• Aiding the teacher with the day to day running of the class
To apply for Teaching Assistant, you must have:
• A strong desire to work with children with ASD or additional needs
• Experience working in a school or education setting
• A good understanding of Safeguarding
• DBS on the Update service (we can help with this)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply to the Teaching Assistant role
If you feel like you have the necessary skills and want to help support some of the most inspiring young people in education, then call Fatima on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference: FXCGTASEN14129