Exciting opportunities are available for people looking for a career in education or in a fresh challenge in an inspiring learning environment at Springwell Learning Community, where we provide children and young people with ‘second chance’ learning. Springwell has a national reputation for excellence in working with children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties and it is a lead school in Barnsley Teaching School Alliance.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Supporting learners with progress in all subject areas including maths, English and interventions
• Supporting practical, kinaesthetic, sport, physical/outdoor activities where required
• Supporting the development of resilience, self-esteem, social skills and strategies for regulation
Post holders require:
• At least level 2 qualifications in English and Maths
• Experience of working in an educational setting
• The ability to build positive relationships and have unconditional positive regard for children and young people
• Understanding and experience of strategies to support children and young people with SEMH and SEND desirable
• Ability to personalise learning
• Driving licence desirable
Positions may suit those wishing to start on a career path in Special Education. Graduates are welcome to apply as full training will be offered to aspiring teachers wishing to develop a career in this setting. The organisation currently employs seven teachers who commenced at Springwell as teaching assistants.
Colleagues may be deployed throughout the Learning Community, working with KS1 – KS4 as necessary
Please refer to job description and employee specification for further details
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 23rd May 2018 at 5.00pm
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 6th June 2018
Please do not send a CV as this cannot be accepted.
Please note: you will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Springwell Learning Community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment