Harris Invictus Academy Croydon is an 11-19, co-educational school which opened for an initial cohort of 180 year 7 students in September 2014. The academy will grow each year to teach 1150 students by the end of the decade. The academy is situated on a site in the centre of Croydon close to transport links and other amenities and is rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted. The academy will move into a state-of-the-art, new building in September 2017 with 21st century facilities for all. The specialisms of the academy are Enterprise and Sport.
The academy is a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect. It combines traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology.
We are looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants who are passionate about education and working with children and young people to support teaching and learning at the academy. Responsibilities will include supporting students with a variety of needs to access the curriculum and raise their achievement; preparing and supporting the use of resources; developing students’ study and organisational skills; and supporting a positive culture for learning within the classroom. Candidates must have excellent numeracy and literacy skills. They should have:
- strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- To be able to work well in a team,
- To be proactive in meeting students’ needs,
- To be well organised, and,
- To be committed to contributing to the overall ethos and aims of the Academy.
The academy works within the wider Harris Federation; a supportive and highly successful group of academies all based in and around London. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris Benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link, or contact the academy on 020 3371 3002.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.