Come and join our vibrant school community in the heart of Greenwich! We are looking for a full-time Teaching Assistant to join our team from September 2018.
Meridian is a successful, creative and inclusive one-form entry school which values individuality and celebrates differences. Our children, from Nursery to Year 6, come from richly diverse backgrounds and our intake is complemented by a designated special provision for deaf children. We have high aspirations for each and every child and our children make excellent progress during their time with us.
You will be -
- An excellent practitioner who is passionate about children’s learning
- Energetic and empathetic with experience of working with primary school children
- Committed to collaborative working and ongoing professional development
What we can offer you -
· Fabulous children
· A supportive and friendly staff team
· A unique location – the Meridian Line runs right through our school which is set within Greenwich’s World Heritage site
· A rich and exciting curriculum
· A commitment to your professional development
· Great transport links – mainline train station, DLR, Jubilee Line and the River Boat are all close at hand!
The role will involve supporting children’s learning and development in both the classroom and the playground. You will work 32.5 hours per week (8.30am to 3.30pm) term time only.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please telephone Sharon Crawford, School Admin Officer: 020 8858 3572
Meridian is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service. As part of the interview process, candidates will be observed working with children.
Closing Date: 3pm Friday 13th July. Interviews Tuesday 17th July.