The Headteacher and Governors of the Hammersmith Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring Teaching Assistant to join the inclusion team. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to support students and teachers to inspire a love of learning and a passion to succeed.
Hammersmith Academy is an innovative 11-18 Academy, sponsored by City of London Livery Companies, the Mercers’ Company and the Information Technologists’ Company. The Academy opened in September 2011 to Year 7 and Year 12 students and has grown to 859 on roll.
Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates with the appropriate skills, vision and desire to work at the Academy, where expectations are high and there is a strong focus on student achievement. Specialist roles ie. Access Arrangements, Speech and Language, may be available for experienced candidates which will carry a project allowance of £2,000 per annum.
As Teaching Assistant, you will need to demonstrate the following in the development of a successful Academy in line with the sponsors’ vision:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- Passion and drive to raise educational standards and ideally a desire to become a fully qualified teacher or a HLTA;
- An inclusive approach to an Academy ethos of achievement;
- Commitment to the development of students as effective autonomous learners;
- Commitment to modern technology and on-line learning approaches;
- Determination to achieve ambitious targets and outcomes;
- Responsibility and accountability for all decisions taken;
- Ability to work effectively with others and represent the Academy to the local and wider community;
- Utilise the most appropriate resources and ensure that they are used efficiently, effectively and safely whilst providing value for money;
- Play a key role in the pastoral structure within the Academy;
- Develop and implement policies, plans, targets and practices within the context of the Academy’s vision and ethos.
Please complete the application form, which includes a supporting statement, and a monitoring form. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Please send your completed application form by email to: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday, 2nd July 2019 at 9am
Interviews will take place: Week beginning Monday, 8th July 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised date without notice. Early application is therefore advised.
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the role informally and visits to the school are welcome.
For further details please visit our website www.hammersmithacademy.org
Hammersmith Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Hammersmith Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, race, age, disability or marital status.
Please note that, as part of Hammersmith Academy’s Green approach and our commitment to reducing the impact of vehicular access to the Academy on the local and global environment, there is very limited parking and all staff are therefore encouraged to travel to work by public transport.