SEN Teaching Assistant
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective SEN Teaching Assistant to help teachers in a range of duties to support the educational needs of identified pupils in the classroom. Experience of leading literacy or numeracy interventions is an advantage.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience and knowledge of working with pupils with special needs such as autism, ADHD or communication needs
• Is able to support pupils with a wide range of needs and abilities;
• Has good literacy and numeracy skills;
• Has high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to helping pupils succeed;
• Has good organisational and communication needs;
• Is a team player;
• Will be committed to the school and will actively contribute to all aspects of school life. You would be expected to:
• Work under the direct supervision of the class teacher but, at times, be expected to use your own initiative to adapt activities to match individual needs;
• Work in partnership with other members of the staff team;
• Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils' progress and thereby contribute to on-going assessment.
• Promote inclusion by advancing learning and enabling pupils to make positive progress by removing barriers to success
We can offer:
• A friendly and supportive team within a welcoming school environment;
• Enthusiastic, well-motivated and happy pupils who are keen to learn;
• Strong governor and parental support
• Ongoing professional development
Please note there will be written test as part of the interview process. Rokesly Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.