We are seeking to appoint a highly effective SEN Teaching Assistant to help teachers in a range of duties to support the educational needs of identified pupils in the classroom. Experience of leading literacy or numeracy interventions is an advantage. We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience and knowledge of working with pupils with special needs such as autism;
• Is able to support pupils with a wide range of needs and abilities;
• Has good literacy and numeracy skills;
• Has high levels of enthusiasm and commitment to helping pupils succeed;
• Has good organisational and communication needs;
• Is a team player;
• Will be committed to the school and will actively contribute to all aspects of school life.
You would be expected to:
• Work under direct supervision of the class teacher but, at times, be expected to use your own initiative to adapt activities to match individual needs;
• Work in partnership with other members of the staff team;
• Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils' progress and thereby contribute to on-going assessment.
We can offer:
• A friendly and supportive team within a welcoming school environment;
• Enthusiastic, well motivated and happy pupils who are keen to learn;
• Strong governor and parental support
• Ongoing professional development
Please note that there will be a written test as part of the interview process.
Closing date: 28th June 2017. Applicants will be notified of the interview time.
Rokesly Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
“My first impressions from my interview day were very positive and after working here for a year that first impression has turned into an everyday reality.”
To download an application pack please visit the school website:
Alternatively, call us on: 020 8348 0290
Or email: email@example.com