We are looking for an innovative, inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
You will be required to carry out general TA duties such as supervision of pupils, undertaking playtime and lunchtime duty and working with individuals, groups or the whole class in lesson. This post will suit a person who is prepared to throw themselves into our busy school community with commitment and enthusiasm.
The successful candidate will be flexible, able to work on their own initiative and keen for challenge. As the role entails assisting with the supervision of children, reliability and good timekeeping are essential. There is a requirement to attend training, after school activities and other events as requested.
The School has an inclusive ethos rooted in the teachings of Krishna Chaitanya, but welcomes pupils and staff of all faiths and abilities.
This is a unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a growing and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Academic rigour and excellence
- Character formation
- Development of spiritual insight
Your key responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
- To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Ensures the health and safety of all pupils
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school's spiritual ethos
- Is committed to their own professional development
- Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
- Has a good knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Has excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- LGPS pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
- A committed and motivated staff team;
- An attractive working environment;
- Supportive parents;
Krishna Avanti Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensure that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
The successful candidate, whilst not necessarily a Hindu, will subscribe fully to the ethos and vision of the Avanti Schools Trust for the school. Please see www.avanti.org.uk for more details.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact Neha Kumar, Business Support Manager on 020 8731 1454.