Elysium Children and Education: Teaching Assistant
We are seeking to appoint a TA for a unique opportunity to work in a brand new school for young people aged 8-18.
You will be someone who is passionate and highly motivated to achieve the best outcomes for the young people who join the school and help to create an outstanding centre of education.
You will be working in a hospital-based school for young people who have eating disorders. If you are looking for a new challenge within the SEND sector, and are committed to making a difference for young people then this opportunity could be for you!
Full or part time considered (up to 37.5 hours per week)
- The opportunity to contribute towards a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of the individual learner
- Scope to contribute to a new school under our experienced Headteacher
- A package of benefits
The ideal candidate:
- Has a qualification relating to education and previous experience of working with children in a school setting (secondary), including those with identified special educational needs
- Has excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Has the ability to use their initiative to support the learning needs of all children and work well as part of a team
- Has hobbies / interests / skills that contribute to a wide curriculum offer
- Is confident, caring and patient
- Is interested in working with professionals from other disciplines
- Is committed to on-going training and development
We expect all candidates to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care and education where the people who use our service are placed at the heart of all aspects of schooling, residential placement or hospital treatment programme.
Our inclusive way of working has the individual as a true partner in their care and future goals. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent opportunities that truly benefit those who use our service.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of 40 sites strategically placed across England and Wales that includes hospitals, schools and residential care. Elysium Children and Education is a trading name of Elysium Healthcare and represents our growing commitment to young people in this area.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be addressed to the Head of Education: Rachel Hayward via email: Rachel.Hayward@ElysiumHealthcare.co.uk
For further details and application form please contact Louise Robertson, PA to the Headteacher, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following:
- Applications are to be made using the Elysium Children and Education application form only.
- CVs will not be accepted
- No agencies please
Closing date for applications is 1500 Friday 13th October 2017.
Interviews will be held WB 16th October 2017. We regret that if you have not heard from us by this time then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.