Cambian Home Tree School
Starting salary: £9.53 per hour
Hours: 39 hours a week (excluding breaks), term time only (38 weeks) plus 5 training days
Fixed term 6 month contract
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge or perhaps you would like to begin a career in education?
Join a dedicated, friendly and expert team who support children and young people to learn, thrive and have fun!
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates from mainstream, specialist education or community provision who are looking to move into the area of mental health and work alongside our own therapeutic team. We offer a comprehensive training focused on adolescent’s mental health to support staff to achieve the best outcomes for our students.
Home Tree School is an independent co-educational day school for young people aged 12 to 18 with mental health needs. Class sizes range from 1-5 with TA support. We are a student-centred school that respond quickly to the needs of each young person we teach.
Our team are collaborative and supportive and we aim to recruit a likeminded individual who would enjoy the opportunity to support the young people’s education. We set high standards for teaching and learning and our students have good levels of attendance and engagement.
You will be working as part of a team under the direction of a teacher/tutor assisting students to access a specifically designed curriculum through group learning and individual learning programmes.
The main focus of this role will be to:
- Support students to learn and make progress in lessons
- Assist the teacher/tutor in the preparation of work
- Support students during school based and community based learning
- Ensure students make progress in formal learning situations as well as with self-help skills, life skills and social understanding
Full induction training will be given. You will have opportunities to learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will have:
- Support pupils to engage in learning during the lesson or activity
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils and completing individuals reporting
- Support challenging pupil behaviour
- Can be a positive, consistent role model
- Carry out administrative duties such as preparing classroom resources
- Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips
- Be a creative, thinker and implementer
- Are passionate about improving the lives of others.
Experience is not essential as you will be given all the training and support necessary. However, successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools