ABC Teachers are currently recruiting on behalf of an alternative education provision, based in Derbyshire, for teaching assistants looking to work in intervention work.
We are looking for passionate Teaching Assistants who are dedicated to supporting pupils with the ability to build rapport with students and be able to understand individual needs.
This education institution has earned an excellent reputation for re-engaging children and young people in their learning, through taking a precise and holistic approach to their learners needs, through 1:1 learning and focus on vocational studies, helping children to reach their full potential. By building a team around each child in their care and working collaboratively, they consistently make positive effective changes to that child’s education. The organisation creates tailored programmes to support pupils’ individual specific needs.
To be considered for this position, you will:
• Share our vision and approach to engaging children and young people who find mainstream education challenging.
• Have previous experience working with children and young individuals
• Suitable qualifications are desirable, such as Learning Support, Health and Social Care and Young Peoples Workforce
• Have strong communication skills, this will enable you to quickly build a positive rapport with students.
• Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
At ABC Teachers, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff much hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which much also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you). You will be to provide professional or academic references and attend a face-to-face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teacher, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01543 228029.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
ABC Teachers Limited