Please note, this position is a 3 month rolling contract.
Compass Community School is a part of a national, well-respected and child focussed residential and fostering organisation.
Our school is a key element of an emotionally-literate and therapeutic community which provides a nurturing and robust education for pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, as well as a range of other associated learning and attachment-based barriers to learning.
You will be part of a small, specialised and dedicated team which is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment where everyone is valued and encouraged to reach their full potential; from Functional Skills to GCSE.
· Competitive rates of pay
· Increased professional development and career opportunities including an extensive and specialised training package
· An excellent induction programme
· On-going mentoring and coaching sessions
· A very supportive and widely experienced team.
The right candidate will have:
· A GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics
· Experience working with children with social, emotional and mental health needs
· Experience supporting children with wide range specific learning difficulties and other barriers to learning
· Experience of, and confidence with, dealing with a range of highly challenging behaviours
· Emotional resilience and be motivated by challenge.
· The desire to progress professionally within a nationally expanding child focused service.
· The desire to be engaged in all aspects of school life from the academic to the pastoral.
· Experience and willingness to lead one-to-one and small group learning activities and sessions both in and out of the classroom.
· Experience in assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP/ILPs) for pupils and to help monitor their progress
· An enthusiastic, friendly and open attitude with a consistent and firm approach to classroom support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong ICT skills
· A passion to make a real difference to the education and lives of young people.
· The ability to be reflective, dynamic and creative in their practice and a willing to work within the Compass Community values and ethos.
Qualifications such as NVQ L2/3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent are desirable but not essential.
The Compass Community values equality and diversity across our workforce and aims to ensure our staff community is reflective of the diversity of the children and young people within our care. In support of this commitment we welcome applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.
Ferndearle School was established in 2001 and is registered with the DFE as an Independent Special School for pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD).
Our highly trained and experienced education team work closely with paren...